Evolution of Enterprise Counting
The Enterprise Counting System (SCE) is in charge of collecting data from readings and Load Diagrams for more than 56% of the total energy transiting through the networks operated by EDPD.
This project defines the new smart metering business solution, in an end-to-end perspective, from metering and communications equipment to systems and operations, aiming for implementation and preparing the future roll-out, including this infrastructure in the Smartgrids developed and operated by E-REDES, this being a pioneering aspect in the area.
In 2021 the development of requirements, the detailing of the overall solution, architecture and specifications took place. In 2022 and early 2023 market consultations, tests, field pilots and preparation for the roll-out of the solution will take place.MV/HV Counter Specification
The future functional and characteristics specification and tests for the meters for MV and HV metering points have been prepared. These documents were shared with the market and other interested parties, and feedback was requested from them in order to guarantee alignment with equipment already on the market or under development.
As part of the ECE project developments, the need arose to respond to the implementation of advanced features extending the capabilities of metering and approaching the SmartGrid concept, enabling technical solutions that respond to issues such as observability and flexibility services important both in the present future network management including control of distributed production.
Thus, in November 2021, E-REDES launched, with market partners, the challenge of achieving a prototype in two months, without any costs for E-REDES. This was successfully achieved and corresponded to the implementation of the following demonstrated functionalities:
- Online remote visualization of the measured magnitudes in the meter; Collection cycle of meter measurements and events.
- Remote creation and reporting of spontaneous meter events and alarms.
- Response and sending of the measured values to the meter supervision, working in bridge mode.
- On-site visualization of the information of the measured quantities and synchronization in the 15 min cycles through four digital signals, capable of assuring the legacy of the availability of these data for the control of the customer's process or also for use by the DSO on-site.
- Creation and reporting to supervision of local power failure event and sending of Last Gasp signaling.
In 2021 the definition of the technical solution to be adopted in the application of the Inovgrid concept (BTN) was finalised, also for BTE, through the use of EMI BTE PLC PRIME with a semi-direct connection, with adjustments to the data model and hardware (HAN port and cutting relay) taking into account the existing market offer in Spain where this is not offered.
In parallel, conversations were held with some manufacturers to frame the development of this solution, and the consequent implementation of a pilot and the necessary process of adapting systems and processes for the collection and availability of metering data and network management.